First joint EUREKA / Photonics21 Mirror Group Callfor R&D&I project proposals
Photonics for advanced manufacturing
Austria, France, Germany, Israel, Poland,
Switzerland and the United Kingdom
Interested parties are invited to submit R&D&I project proposals addressing photonics for advanced manufacturing. Advanced (industrial) manufacturing is commonly defined as the use and/or integration of innovative technologies – here: photonics – in order to improve both products and processes. Proposals for R&D&I projects sought to be funded under this call should therefore
- address at least one of the technologies and one of the industries mentioned below;
- focus on photonic technologies and their integration in specific manufacturing processes and/or products;
- demonstrate the potential to significantly improve the related processes and/or products.
Photonic technologies to be investigated particularly include (but are not limited to):
- Laser machining, additive manufacturing
- selective laser sintering
- photonic curing
- optical process control / process analytical technology (PAT)
- 3D optical sensing and imaging incl. spectral and hyperspectral imaging,
- millimeter wave imaging and lidar,
- lithography (photo-, stereo-, laser-based).
Industry sectors addressed particularly include (but are not limited to):
- Electronic and computer components
- electro-mechanical engineering
- transportation and automotive manufacturing including for sport competition
- chemical and pharma-ceutical industry
- food control industries
- safety and quality engineering
- and manufacturing technologies.
The participating funding bodies consider that proposals resulting in total implementation costs of between EUR 0.75 and 2 million would allow this area to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requiring higher or lower amounts.
Consortia composed of partners from the participating countries and regions are invited to present joint proposals for R&D&I projects until 25 July 2019 according to the rules and procedures described below.
- Opening of the Call: 25 March 2019
- Submission deadline for EUREKA project proposals: 25 July 2019 (date of receipt / CET)
- International selection meeting: 29 October 2019
- Feedback to proposers / EUREKA labelling, Start of national funding procedures: November 2019
- Start of projects: between January and June 2020